Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ian Macarthur


This amazing new Illustrator works in a way really familiar to me. He started drawing at a young age, beginning with cartoon characters and doodles. Later moving into this patterned explosions of shapes and lines, creating not only texture but a kind of movement. He creates these surreal, unique portraits of ordinary people with his added explosions; transforming their faces into something bizarre and wonderful. Here are two examples of his work; one is a portrait example and the other to show the extent of the beautiful textures. He has a profile on carbonmade, as well as his own site. Check him out!


Like Ian Macarthur, I started drawing at a young age layering shapes and lines creating the similar illustrative effect. I use to be a big comic book enthusiast and would draw in-depth sketches of my favorite characters as well as snakes and planets. I moved on to create alternate universes filled with these dark fantasy characters. Below are some examples from my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment